Health Benefits of Vitamin B3
Think Vitamin B3 isn’t that important for your health? Well, you’d be wrong. Here’s a short list of what Niacin can do for you.
- – Prevents heart problems: One of the major benefits of Vitamin B3 is that it reduces the risk of heart disease quite significantly.
- – Controls Cholesterol: Niacin helps in maintaining healthy cholesterol levels in the blood. It helps in reducing the bad cholesterol levels (LDL) and increases the good cholesterol levels (HDL), and prevents thickening of artery walls.
- – Digestion: B3 helps in normal functioning of the digestive system. This promotes healthy appetite, glowing skin and good nerves.
- – Skin: Vitamin B3 helps the skin in creating effective barriers to external factors that accelerate aging process. It also helps in reducing the incidents of acne and inflammatory diseases.
- – Energy: Vitamin B3 helps in releasing energy from carbs, fats and proteins in the body. Athletes tend to require more Niacin than normal people due to this property.
- – Diabetes: Niacin helps regulate high blood sugar levels and is known to keep diabetes under check.
- – Sex: Vitamin B3 aids in production of sex hormones and it may be beneficial for people suffering from sex related disorders.
- – Alzheimer’s disease: Niacin is known to improve the condition of patients with mental decline as in case of Alzheimer’s disease. Proper intake of Niacin helps in reducing the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
- – Nervous System: Niacin helps in promoting healthy nervous system and aids in maintaining normal functioning of the brain.
For more information on the health benefits of Vitamin B3, visit OrganicFacts.net.